Saturday, October 22, 2011

Debbie Downer

I'm sure somewhere in the world there is a woman named Deborah Downer.  Poor thing.

Anyway, that should have been my name today.  For no good reason at all, I was miserable today.  Actually, I can think of a couple of reasons that contributed to my blah day, but it would be distasteful to say what is really on my mind.  So I will refrain.  Instead I could blame a little of it on the lack of sleep that has been building over the last few days.  Also a contributing factor could be the large amount of sugar cookies, made by my mother-in-law, to sabotage me and make me fat I devoured (and of course, felt guilty about).  Audra fell (sat) on Elijah's leg and for a few minutes, he wouldn't move it (nor would he stop crying).  I thought for sure I was going to have to take him to the E.R. for a broken leg.  I never fail to jump to worst-case scenario (how do they cast babies?  how will this affect his growth?  will they have to re-break it?...etc.).  This kind of thing isn't good for my heart.  Thank goodness his little leg is fine.  I also had class this morning...nuff said.

And here it is.  11:09.  Im sitting in my bed blogging after watching Bridesmaids, still feeling sorry for myself.  Thinking about all of the things I needed to do today that I didn't do...and of course, beating myself up over it.  For instance, tomorrow is Audra's birthday party (the other party was canceled due to an ear infection).  I was suppose to make cupcakes.  I did not.  Now I need to scramble to buy a cake that wont be nearly as cool *sigh*.  I really hate that I did that.  I suppose I could get up at 5 a.m. to make them before going to the 8:45 service, serving in the childrens ministry for the 10:00, going to a baby shower for 11:30, hitting up the balloon store for 2:30ish, making it home by 3:00 for the actual party.  Somewhere in between I need to pick up a gift bag for the baby shower gifts, decorate the house, and take a shower.  I could cry. 

Im praying for a sunny disposition tomorrow.  Im also praying for a really good, sound, nights sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment