Tuesday, November 8, 2011

If I don't laugh, I just might cry.

5:30 a.m.

Is what time I was forcefully awaken (is that correct?) from a dream.  To a child crying.  Oh wait, I was just up there 45 minutes ago...and 30 minutes before that...and an hour and a half before that...

6 a.m.  Finally, he won.  Audra had also needed my assistance at about 5:45.  She too, was up at 6 a.m.  Let the fun begin!  Since I everyone was up so early, I took a shower before the hubster left for work.  Amazing.  I thought to myself "this is going to be a great day!  Its going to be unseasonably warm, I've already taken a shower, and I get to go have coffee with some moms from school!".

9:00 a.m.  Im sitting at a coffee shop with 3 moms I don't really know.  They are so nice and so chatty...I feel like I've known them forever!  Elijah wakes from his morning nap around 10:00 and I pull him from his carseat.  Hes on my lap smiling, talking, kissing me...he was just being really good.  And then it happened.  Are you thinking he grabbed my coffee and spilled it all over himself?  Are you thinking he spilled it all over me?  Well if you were thinking either of those things, your wrong.  No, I dropped him he jumped out of my arms onto the concrete floor.  He hit his head on his carseat prior to landing on the floor.  That really saved some damage, according to the doctor.  He seems fine...Im so thankful. 

Anyway...I have to go get Audra from school a little early so that I can run them to the doctor.  Oh yeah, and did I mention that I happened to look in Audra's throat and noticed that it was super red, swollen, and with white spots???  Oh, and that the babysitter who watched them for me on Saturday called me yesterday to let me know she was diagnosed with strep??   OH, and how about the part about me taking Elijah to the doctor YESTERDAY for a double ear infection??  And I did tell you I set my oven on fire, right??  *sigh* 

1:31 p.m.  Im sitting here on the couch, blogging.  Both children are asleep.  Im waiting for Audra's strep test to come back.  I have a test tonight in Abnormal Psych that I should be studying for, but truthfully, I just want to take a nap.  Oh well.

Looks pretty good for possibly having Strep

Looks really good for having been dropped jumping out of my arms onto concrete.
My pumpkin pie shortly before I set the oven on fire.
And my oven post fire =[
*By the way...does anyone know if it is safe to still use the oven after its been on fire?


No comments:

Post a Comment