Monday, November 7, 2011

The oven, the oven, the ovens on fire

I have something that has been on my mind.  I would love to sit here and tell you about the awesomeness leading up to this main event, but I fear it would bore you.  Let me just say...Benny Hinn with a light saber...that, my friends, you must see.  Anyway...

Downtown Boston, 11:00 p.m.  Nick and I are with two other couples.  All of us are Christians, one couple actually pastors one of our Sunday services.  We walk out of a hotel after stopping in to ask some questions at the front desk.  Immediately upon exiting, a man walks up to us.  This man was older...maybe 60's?  Long grey hair that is in a matted pony tail.  Dirty hands...scraggly clothes...a back pack.  Im thinking homeless.  The man starts yelling some nasty things (I feel like Im sinning just thinking about the things he was saying, lol) at us, name calling and what-not.  Now mind you, there are 6 of us.  Out of the 6, he hones in on one...the pastor.  Kind of weird, huh?  As I was watching this madness unfold, I was thinking to myself "how is pastor going to bring some Jesus into this situation?".  And sure enough, pastor sticks out his hand and introduces himself.  I couldn't have been more proud to be a Christian than at that moment.  That my friends, is exactly what we have been called to do.  No matter the situation, if you claim to be a child of God, you need to think about what the Bible teaches you to do...


35 For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. 36 I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’
Matthew 25:35

The man swatted pastors hand away and continued to follow us down the street, absolutely berating him/us with profanities.  At one point he showed off some of his sweet karate skills with a kick (not actually landing on anyone).  He was also throwing out accusations of some possible CIA work on our part, lol.  Once we finally got in the car, he hit my passenger side window with both fists.  
My adrenaline was pumping, but I don't think I was actually ever really afraid.  Maybe because there were so many of us, maybe because no one was fighting back with the man.  And after all was said and done, we were able to laugh about it all.  Although, I think we all know how truly sad the situation was.  Who knows who the man is or what his problems are.  All I know for sure is that he wasn't 'right'. *sigh*

On a brighter  side note, I set my oven on fire tonight.  I may have made an awesome Pumpkin Pie with a crust I made from scratch, along with some home made whipped cream, but setting the oven on fire definitely docked me some domestic goddess points.  Oh well, thank the Lord it was contained to the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment