Thursday, April 28, 2011

A child is like clay...(and pancake)

Kelly Rippa says something like this..."Children are like pancakes, you always screw up the first one".  That is one of my very favorite sayings because on my bad days with Audra, it reminds me that she is the first to test me in such a way.
However, an even more important thought, children are like clay.  You mold them daily with your words and actions.  Each morning is a start of new sculpting until one day, the clay hardens.  Then you find yourself looking on the face of your adult child and whatever you last molded, is there forever...never to be changed.  So its with this I try to keep in mind...whether in my words or actions, I am shaping my children daily.  I need to keep my words kind, encouraging, and honest.  My temperament steady and compassionate, my actions unwavering, consistent, and just.  And although I love my children to little pieces and love nothing more than to see absolute happiness on their face, I will not give them everything they want.  That would be a real injustice to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment