Sunday, April 24, 2011

Why yes, that is a purple pacifier in HIS mouth.

I don't think you can ever imagine how different two babies can be, when you have only had one.  I mean, you hear it all the time, but really?  Well, I can definitely tell you now that my children are completely different.  Elijah is so, ummm, hes just so, whats the word....CHILL.  Patient, calm, smiley, easy, and just so HAPPY.  I cant believe it.  I mean, who knew that not all babies had periods of time where they would just scream?  Who knew that not all babies spit up (a considerable amount)?  Who knew that it could be so easy?  I gotta tell ya, I was prepared for the worst. 

Poor little Audra.  She really wanted to be a happy baby, but well, she just wasnt.  She simply didn't feel good a lot of the time.  When she felt good she was smiley and so so sweet.  As she got older it got so much better for her, but for the first few months of her little life, she was just miserable.  Bless her little heart.  She has always had such a strong personality.  Shes intense, demanding, impatient, funny, so smart (and its not because shes mine that I say that), and cautious.  They are so different (and I've only known Elijah for 10 weeks!) and I love them both for the qualities that make them different.  I look forward to finding out more about Elijah and hearing more of Audra's thoughts as she learns to articulate them. 

One thing that surprises me about the two is how when Audra was a baby, everyone thought she was a boy...even when she would wear pink.  I just assumed it was the green car seat.  Fast forward two and a half years later, same green carseat, boy baby, and everyone thinks hes a girl.  Blue blanket and all!  What the heck?  Maybe it has something to do with his purple pacifier??  Lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment