Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 1. What does beauty mean to you?

Beauty:
the quality present in a thing or person that gives intense pleasure or deep satisfaction to the mind, whether arising from sensory manifestations (as shape, color, sound, etc.), a meaningful design or pattern, or something else (as a personality in which high spiritual qualities are manifest).
Strangely, this is nothing close to what I feel like beauty is.  Well, I mean I guess it kind of is.  After all, Webster isn't wrong.  However, I envisioned the definition to sound more beautiful, lol.
To me, beauty is my daughter laughing while my husband mercilessly tickles her.  Its also in the way she looks at the world...smelling flowers that don't really 'smell', but loving it all the same.  Or maybe I just feel like she's the epitome of beautiful.  Its her spirit, so utterly innocent.  She is pure light and goodness.  So sweet and compassionate.  I just love her.  
Maybe this isn't quite the answer for the question that was asked, but its the first thing that comes to mind when I think of beauty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment