Sunday, February 13, 2011

Induction Day!!

Is tomorrow!  I can't believe it.  So much has happened this past week that it hadn't really hit me until today.  I found out last Thursday that I would be induced tomorrow.  It's weird to be able to plan around it.  I just hope that it goes as smoothly as my first labor and delivery did.

Audra is on the mend.  She is still much sicker than I would have hoped at this point, but Im thankful that shes getting better and that I didn't have the baby during the worst of it.  We have been sleeping on the couch for the past 6 days and really, most of our time has been spent there even when not sleeping.  She hasn't really wanted to do anything.  She just started eating and smiling again yesterday.  So that's a good sign.  Its confusing though.  Last night she was the happiest I have seen her in the past week...laughing, playing peek-a-boo, 'cleaning', etc.  Then today, shes back to the crying fits and just laying around.  I suppose its normal, but I just don't know.  I just hope tomorrow is the best day so far and that Nicks mom and dad don't have a horrible day with her...and that she isn't too distraught over not being with us.  Hopefully I will have Elijah by early evening and Nick can just go back home and be with Audra for the remainder of the evening.  That's what I keep praying.  And for the record...there are some amazing drugs that they can give kids to help them when they are sick and Im thankful for that, but some of them do weird/scary things to them.  At one point we had Audra on a mix of Albuterol Nebulizers and Prednisone...wow, she turned into the most bizarre creature.  It was kind of scary really.  She became combative and confused.  Extremely agitated.  Then that night, she had the worst night terrors.  She would wake up screaming and there was NOTHING I could do to calm her down.  It was like she didnt recognize me.  She would try to get away from me and would hit me and just scream.  Then there were other points where she would just wake up and try to crawl right off of the couch and the minute I would touch her, she would scream.  It was awful.  Soooo...no more nebulizer.  Just the Prednisone.  Instead, we have been doing 'saunas'.  Just crank the water in the shower and sit in the bathroom with her for 10-15 minutes.  It really does help with the cough.  She doesn't particularly like it, but I don't like her to walk around not knowing who I am or where she is.  *Sigh*

I have also come down with the sickness over the past couple of days =( .  I think its exactly what Audra has/had.  Went to the walk-in clinic yesterday because I just couldn't take the pain in my face any longer.  They prescribed some antibiotics and a decongestant.  I do feel a little better already.  Hopefully even better by tomorrow.  Although even with the sickness, as long as I have a healthy baby by the end of the day, I doubt much could rain on my parade =) .  I can't wait to see his little face!!!  I want to smell him, look at him, hold him on my chest....Im so EXCITED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment